Monday, July 17, 2006

Brayden is 6 months old

We weighed him on our scale, but we go to the pediatrician tuesday, so we'll get an accurate measurement. But from our readings, he's 17.5 lbs (50th percentile) and 28" (90th) long. I can't remember what his head was, but it was in the 50th percent according to some website that tells you where your measurements are.

He's learned to scoot! He can easily get up on all fours, but he hasn't figured out how to move on hand then the other... Instead, he "worms" around the floor. He doesn't sit up very well on his own, though... He will topple over after about a minute. He likes to be on the move. He rolls over easily - both ways. But again, he'd rather scoot than roll...He's been eating cereal for a month now and jarred food for about 2 weeks. He LOVES eating from a spoon - we can't get it to him fast enough. He easily downs one small jar of baby food and can almost finish on of the bigger stage 2 jars. His favorite food is banana, though. And... um... he had a piece of wedding cake Saturday night. (and of course he loves it). He also loves to drink out of glasses - if you're close to him with a cup, he thinks he needs a drink (and of course drowns himself in it). And for those of you wondering, yes, he HAS tried Dr. Pepper (and Bar-B-Q and cucumbers, and icecream, and ranch, and..and..and... Camp season was too kind to him).He's really enjoyed the summer... He likes being around people - he'll reach out to anyone around him (even complete strangers). He recognizes familiar faces like G-Mas' AND G-Pas' and Erin & Alan. He LOVES to smile and giggle. Raspberries started the other day, too! He's found out how to splash in the bathtub and knows what the word "bath" means - he gets all excited when we say "Is it Brayden's BATHTIME?"

Six months ago, I was induced into labor and since then, it's all gone so quickly. I can't believe that we've come so far in so little time. Brayden has this uncanny knack to get me to smile even when I'm frustrated out of my mind because he's hit the "I wanna be held ALL THE TIME" stage. He does this thing with his eyebrows - kinda flashes them at you. You can't help but laugh at him. He's an amazing little boy, and I'm convinced he's uber smart, too. But, you know, he is MY son. hehe! I'm already looking forward to Christmas and his first birthday party (which by the way, it's gonna be a huge shindig, and all you gotta do to come is just let me know you want an invite). I have these divine plans to have him walking by Halloween so that I can take him Trick-Or-Treating. Not like we CAN'T go if he's not walking, but it'd be more fun, I think. Plus, what better birthday present can a Mom ask for? Anyway... I have stuff to do... (aka dishes). I'd best be off.

No comments: