Friday, July 08, 2005

Dr's Appointment - Heartbeat

Well, the baby has been dubbed "Whatsit" by my mom and dad. Guess they didn't like "Cricket." Oh well. Because of the 4th of July, I couldn't have my monthly appointment on Monday like usual - so I had to go today. Because it was a normal workday for John, he couldn't go with me... I got to my appointment and got called back. The nurse weighed me (I've lost a pound), and the took me to my exam room. She got out the doppler and told me that she'd try to find the heartbeat, but to not get my hopes up too much because I wasn't far along enough for there to be any promises that we'd hear it. But she found it in about 1/2 second. She didn't even have to try!! It was SO great. I can't believe John missed it! It was just thunking away in there - she didn't tell me how many beats per minute it was going, but it was quick! I ended up not feeling well this afternoon, so I took the afternoon off to go home and lie down. So glad I have sick days to use!!!

No comments: