Saturday, June 30, 2007

Alan's Married & Ty's 3 months!

Not only did my baby brother get married today, but MY baby is three months old. Yikes. Where does time go? Watching my little baby brother stand up next to the woman he's now married to, smiling during the ENTIRE ceremony made me realize how fast it all goes by. Alan was only 10 when I left home, so in a lot of ways, that's how old he'll always be to me. I can't believe that he's a man - grown up, moved out and married. I know that someday soon I'll be sitting in a church crying as my little boy walks me down the aisle so I can give him away to the woman that will take my place. It seems so impossible right now, but I know it's all only a breath away.

But I also need to talk about how Ty is growing & changing for my memory's sake. He's transitioning into size 2 diapers & FB mediums - so I guess he's probably weighing around 15.5-16 lbs now... He can fit some 6-9 clothes, but he's still mostly in 3-6. He's always got a smile for you...IF you're holding him. He is such a cuddler - he hates to be put down or left alone. He loves to "babble" and squeal. He found his thumb/hand this weekend and has started smacking on it any chance he gets. I'm not sure if it's because he wants to suck his thumb or because he's working on teething (he's drooling excessively also). We're trying to get him to roll over, but he's not in to it. He does scoot, though. It takes him a lot time to get anywhere (he mostly does it when he's frustrated), but he can really get around. He's almost worked himself off of our bed!! He's a good napper - sometimes he'll sleep for 2-3 hours!! He doesn't sleep through the night yet, but he's come close a few times. He usually gets his last feeding/play time around 11ish and then sleeps until around 3 or 4. Of course he sleeps the best if he's in the Snuggli or if we're holding him while he's asleep. I put him in the walker the other day and he really seemed to like that, which wasn't surprising considering that he LOVES to "stand up" while we're holding him. He also likes the Johnny Jump-Up. I think he's going to be an early walker like Brayden was. I guess that's about all?? I just have to say, though... Tyler is the most adoreable baby in the world. I love him to pieces and can't wait to see what kind of little boy he's going to be!!!

No comments: