Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Much...

I don't have much to say, but I was really trying to blog more since I've been a slacker lately.

Um... John and I had our 5 year anniversary this past week (3/13, which, yes was Friday the 13th this year). I celebrated it in the bathroom. Sick. Very. Not fun. Today is the first day that I've had any semblance of normalcy. I pretty much just had to tell myself that tired or not, I had to get back to the Mother Land. ;) We needed groceries, the boys were getting restless, and John's tired of fending for himself on all fronts. So I called for reinforcements (Mom) and went shopping in Chickasha. Of course, I forgot my money at home (isn't that the way it goes??), so I was very lucky she was along to bail me out. Phew. Funny how being sick can totally mess with your mind along with everything else important.

I have my next dr's appointment tomorrow (and John will be left with the boys alone again... poor guy). I'm hoping that we'll be scheduling the "big" ultrasound at this one. It's weird to think that I'm already into my second trimester. But honestly, the thing that's excited me the most about this pregnancy (and yes, I know this is totally weird and messed up) is labor. I didn't really have pregnancy fever - I had no desire to be all tired and big again - I had labor fever. Every time I watched A Baby Story or anything, all I could think about is how much fun it is to wait for those labor signs and then head off to the hospital and then getting ready to push... Oh!! It's just so exciting!! Of course, with both of my boys, I kind of missed out on a lot of that because I was induced with both. I'm really hoping that this time everything kind of goes according to nature's plan and I get to say those, "I think it's time!" words. Only time will tell.

We've got Brayden and Tyler in a bedroom together (again)... It's only sort of working. It's been rough to figure out how to do naps because Brayden is still only sometimes taking naps and is very hard to get down when he does. Last night was trying, too. About 3:30-4ish, I hear Brayden calling me. So I drag myself out of bed to see what, or more appropriately WHO, is up. Both of them are. So I get them both something to drink and get them all settled down again. Or so I thought. A few minutes after getting nice and comfy with my body pillow again, I hear, "Mommy! He's making NOISES. Mommy, he's making LOUD noises." *sigh* Off to figure out what's going on. Obviously Tyler figured that if they were both going to be awake, they needed to play. Good thing he's still confined to his crib (which is an amazing thing in and of itself). So I get Brayden up and take him to the guest room for the rest of the night. Back to bed... snug and slipping off to dreamland around 5 am I hear, "Mommy! I need a snack." SERIOUSLY?!?! And when Brayden gets his mind set on needing something, you may as well give in if you ever want to go back to bed or whatever else it was you were doing unless you're prepared for a few hours worth of struggle (which happens VERY often around here - one struggle to the next, I tell ya). So he got two crackers, a pat on the butt and a pillow under his head. Thankfully the boys slept until around 8:30 this morning!! I don't know what I would've done if they decided to get up for good around 6 or 7.

But speaking of... I've got Tyler in bed and it's time to go try to get Brayden settled down in there. Wish me luck.

No comments: