Sunday, August 02, 2009

3 Little Boys...

GRACIOUS!!! Brayden is a rollercoaster of emotions these days. He is a perfectly happy, content preschooler one minute and then crying like a baby the next. Have NO idea why. I had a theory that it had to do with lack of naps, but he's having a major meltdown right now, and he had a good nap this afternoon. So... who knows. He is, however, growing like a mad weed. He's 41.5" tall right now (1/2 inch from riding Thunderation at SDC) - which according to all the growth predictor charts means we're looking at a 6'6" 18 year old!! Wow. I can honestly imagine him being huge like that, but it's still crazy. He shot from 3t to 5t this summer. It's hard to remember that he's only three most days because he IS so big. He went with me to one of my prenatal appointments and he weighed in at 38 lbs. I can't believe how fast he's growing up. His language and imagination have just EXPLODED this summer as well. But our favorite new word that he has is "trampaboing" (trampoline). We love that he uses descriptive words to make words make sense to himself. But gone are the days of "Mall-Nart" which still saddens us.

Tyler is proving to us every day how much his personality differs from Brayden. He has his nap times, his quiet times, his play times... And he doesn't much like to differ the schedule. He LOVES watching tv (moo-ees), but also has a great time with his cars and trucks. He has just started "group play" with Brayden and wants to follow him everywhere and do everything he's doing... It makes for some hairy fights. We actually caught Brayden hitting, with FISTS last night. Of course, I would say that 80% of the time, Tyler is actually the initiator of the fights. He's one of those kids that's gonna come running to me saying, "Brayden hit me!" and of course I'll have to respond with, "Well, did you hit him first?" Howedver - he is one VERY polite little boy. Yesterday we were out at the mountains and were headed into the Holy City. A guy was on his way out and held open the gate for us... As Tyler walked through, he looked up at the man and said in his cute little Ty voice, "Gank you!" It was a very proud moment for both John & me.

As far as #3 goes... Well, I'm ready to meet him for sure!! I've gotten about as big as I want to be, but can't seem to stop eating. But at my last appointment, my doc set up an induction date for us. So we're looking at 9/9 being the latest date that we'll meet this little guy. John and I are both very curious to see what kind of kid he ends up being.

Here's my new computer monitor wallpaper for this month.... In honor of us having three VERY soon:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....