Sunday, September 06, 2009

No Baby

So I'm resigned to the fact that I'm gonna go until Wednesday. Which is fine, I guess. I told John I just really want to have that "THIS IS IT!!!" moment when I get to tell him to grab the bags cause my water just broke or what have you. It seems like everyone on TV (like on Baby Story) and in the movies (although it can't be a more laughable farce about how most movies portray labor) gets to have that moment... I just wish I could. It's not that I don't appreciate the scheduled induction - I mean, my doctors COULD just let me go a few extra weeks trying to see "if..." Thankfully that's never been the case. But there seems to be some part of the birth excitement that I've missed out on with my last two pregnancies. And on top of all that, I'm just so darn uncomfortable and these contractions are killing me. I went for a solid TWO HOURS yesterday with contractions being 10 minutes apart. They weren't necessarily hard ones, but they weren't exactly light either. I kept thinking that sooner or later they'd pick up, get closer together, and we'd be having a baby. Which I was REALLY hoping for since we'd had such a bad night with football... I kinda thought having a baby would releive some of the pain (how's that for irony?).

But we're still here. With no Logan. But it's nice to have a peacefully quiet house that is actually CLEAN (minus the dirty dishes that really just need to be put in the dishwasher, but I have to empty the dishwasher first, and I haven't yet found the motivation to do step one of two). Not to mention the fact that there is a sense of profound enjoyment in knowing that it's going to STAY clean. But I've got my bag packed (mostly), and I would welcome a birth day at any given moment. I'm just sooooo ready to have my little baby in my arms. It's been a super long nine months. But I can now almost count down HOURS... If this labor is as quick as both Brayden & Tyler were, less than 72 hours from now, we'll be third time parents. EEEEKK!!!!!! How exciting is that?!?!?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Lisa Laxton said...

I have been EXACTLY where you are right now. (I have 3 boys and a girl) So I really have been!!! Here is hoping your time comes soon!!! BTW water only broke with the first one...all the rest were them breaking my water for me...