Monday, August 09, 2004

Kitchen Demo and other stuff

We demo'd the kitchen this weekend. Boy did we make a mess! But our fridge is now nice and comfy in the corner of the kitchen where wasted cabinet space used to be (there was a cabinet area, but no door - it was just a big open space that was not useable). SO. I got home at lunch today and John had finished up the work that we had left last night. It looks great! I am so happy that things are getting done around the house. We also got our closet organizer shelves at Lowe's and organized our closets! They look SO MUCH better now - not to mention the fact that we have space now!! I still have a little organizing to go, but I'll get there. Not too much else happened this weekend. We worked our bums off! OOOOOH - just about forgot - John got his early birthday present... A GRILL!! He put it together Friday night and then we had hamburgers on it on Saturday. They were so good!! John did a wonderful job making them - they were perfect! HOWEVER, there was a not-so-fun part involved in the burger making... We have a pesky neighborhood cat (must be noted: John like this cat before the Saturday grill-day). This cat likes to rub up against me anytime I'm outside... I don't mind my cats; I don't mind John's cats; I mind OTHER PEOPLE'S cats. This cat likes to come up to me and rub against my legs (shedding the entire time). John likes to pet it and stuff, so he comes over whenever he sees us outside. WELL. John took the hamburgers outside (on a plate) and then ran back in to grab something. In the time he was inside (1 minute maybe), that STUPID cat got up on our porch railing and began eating one of the patties. This infuriated John. The cat almost died. But everything was fine - John just doesn't like that cat as much and isn't encouraging it to come over and be petted all the time any more. Lesson learned. =)

No comments: