Thursday, August 05, 2004

Starting My Blog

AHHHH... Been a while. A long while. Some girl on the Knot asked if anyone had a Blog and it made me decide that I need to come blog a little. So much has happened over the last months that I don't know if I'll be able to get it all into one installment. =) Subject One: Babies. No, we don't have any yet. No, we don't plan on trying for a little while. No, Kay you can't have any yet, either. Subject Two: Pets. We want a Jack Russell Terrier. Yeah, the dog that is hyper all the time! We both think they're cute, and they fit our personalities. BUT - we don't even have enough money for dog food right now, so... Subject Three: John's Job. John changed to "directv" this week. He's still a supervisor, though. He loves his new position - actually, he loves his new hours. Where he used to have to work 9-7:30, he's now working 6-2:30. He said yesterday it makes it feel like everyday is the weekend. I'm so glad that he's able to be home and do the things he's been wanting to do. HOPEFULLY he'll be getting bonuses with this new job, too. Subject Four: The New House. OOOOOOH. Where to begin. John and I have been working so hard to make this a HOME not just a house. We've now finished two rooms - my "green room" and his bathroom. Our bedroom still has some stuff around that needs to find a home, the bathroom still needs to have a wall fixed (the one we cut out to get to the pipes), the living room needs molding and paint?, the kitchen needs paint, a floor, countertops, appliances, and one blind. hehe. John's room still needs bookshelves and a frame for the bed. Pretty much after all that, we'll be done. Maybe. BUT, I do have to say that I am so very proud of my DIYer husband. I don't have any idea where we'd be if it weren't for all the work he's done (probably out about 2K!). His most recent DIY experience is his bathroom floor. He went to BigLots, found an area rug for $15, brought it home and cut it out to fit his floor PERFECTLY - we're talking around the toilet and everything! You'd never know that he did that himself. It looks like a pro did it. I need to get pics of it in my bio. He's just amazing. =) I think that's about all for now... I could probably go on and on and on, but it's 10 till 5, and I want to go home to my hubby in a timely fashion! Hopefully I'll get back into this and update my blog more often.

No comments: