Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My kitchen sink...

So last night a YM friend's wife posted on Facebook about this site called "FlyLady." I've heard of it before and know of a lot of girls who have used her site to get their house in order... WELL... I decided to go check it out for myself. And lo and behold, it all seems like a pretty good idea. So I started with baby step #1 last night - Make Your Sink Shine! I spent the time necessary and finally went to bed with a shiny sink.

This morning was baby step #2... Get up and get your self showered and dressed. Now, to most people, you'd think - Well DUH! But to a mommy of three young boys, usually a shower is something that gets put off and put off and put off until Daddy comes home and can give me a few free minutes. This morning, though, I got up and tackled my shower before John left home. Of course my hair is in pigtails, but as I start getting better at this routine thing, maybe I'll be able to work in fixing my hair and stuff.

Made lunch for everyone, and because of my shiny sink, I didn't want to leave my kitchen dirty - so I actually CLEANED UP after lunch! And wiped down my sink so it stayed shiny. Dishwasher is already being run for the day - along with laundry!!! I feel so accomplished. Baby step #3 tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Tonya Gray said...

wow..that IS a shiny sink! Beware of the bombardment of e-mails from the Fly Lady! BUT, I know lots of people who LOVE her stuff! Keep us posted.