Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Whew!

So I just spent way too much time trying to make a new blog background and banner. I think it's cute, but... well, I ended up just having to stop and say, "that's enough." HA!

Today was another flylady day. So far, thanks to the lady, I've been motivated to actually mop my kitchen floor (gasp!), organize my bookshelf (double gasp!), and clean the guest room where Jeremy was staying and move Logan in there!! I also mopped the bathroom floors! Woah, there Nelly! If you keep this up, your family's gonna start expecting it of you! But that's fine. I've been getting on to myself for about 2 years now about how I just don't really have the housewife gene that keeps me cleaning... But I'm trying to get into a routine to where this isn't as bad as I make it all out to be. My sink is still shiny, by the way.

I have to say, my motivation has also meant less TV time for myself, which is super great. It also helps that Dave Ramsey motivated me to downgrade our cable package - so we're basically not getting any channels anyway. ;) But I've been trying to read more, clean more, and play with the boys more. They LIVE outside, though, and I hate nature. So it's been a challenge, but I'm trying to compromise. Today we were going to go to the library, but I stopped in at sonic for a limeaide. The boys decided they'd rather play on the playground there. So they played for an hour while I sat and read some of my book. It was kinda nice.

I still have some random things to do today to go to bed happy, but I think I'll get there... I made two meals at lunch, so dinner is already ready - I just have to heat it up and make some rolls to go with it. YUM.

So... on to that, I guess. :)

No comments: