Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thank you!

I've been meaning to come on here and post this for a while now... Tyler is talking in sentences!! Well, if you count "Thank you." It sounds more like gich-eeew most of the time, but sometimes it comes out very clear. He's also learned how to jump, he runs when you say "ready, set, GO!" and he's sleeping through the night (most of the time - finally!).

We cut his hair the other day... It was getting kind of out of hand. But I still didn't really want to do it. His curls were just too cute. Not to mention that I absolutely LOVED running my hands through his hair. Now that it's all gone, he just doesn't really look like my little baby anymore. But seeing as how everyone thought he was my baby girl (even in blue), I guess I needed to do it for him.

Brayden has been showing us lately just how stubborn he is... He is fighting sleeping by himself. He goes down for the evening around 8:30 or 9 and doesn't give up the crying until around 12 and even then, it's only for about 20 minute increments. The other night, he cried off and on until close to 3 am. And then he woke up around 5 and started in again. It's not fun at all. We've tried everything - drinks, paci, stuffed animals, flash lights, lying with him for a few minutes, singing, the "just put them back in bed" technique, ignoring, stern voices, and even a swift pat on the rear... but he just WILL NOT give up. Every time you leave the room, he's at the door within seconds. I actually think it's kind of facinating that he has that kind of "stick-to-it-iveness." But it makes for VERY long nights for Mommy & Daddy.

I think I'll come back later and add a few posts above this one to include vacation stuff since I'm not really in the mood to sit here and recount it all right now (I'm super tired). If anyone has any tips on getting a very willful toddler to bed, be my guest to share. :D

Here're a few scrapbook pages to get you through until next time:






This one is actually a picture from quite some time ago, but since I was talking about Brayden and his onerery-ness...

No comments: