Friday, August 01, 2008

OU, Toddlers and Teenagers

Tyler has learned to say, "OU!" He has been able to make both sounds individually, but tonight we taught him to put them together - with enthusiasm. :D Oh yes, we brainwash our boys with Sooner Spirit. But after all, football season approacheth and what kind of parents would we be if we did not train up our children in the way they should go??? I mean, really, if I'm going to be the mom of two Heisman winners, I've got to start them young.

Oh.... I also need to share about my teenage toddler. You might be saying, HUH?? But I will explain. Brayden has hit this stage where everything he does is an unbeliveably good impression of a brooding teenager. He slams doors, he rolls his eyes and says, "Mmmaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmmm!" he goes to bed late and then sleeps in, he gets huffy when he doesn't get his way, and he doesn't want anything to do with anything anyone wants him to have anything to do with (yeah, try to say that 5 times fast). BUT... he and Tyler have learned to hug each other. I need to get the camera out for this because it really is too sweet not to share with the entire world (or those few who actually read my blog, I guess). So it's not all bad. In fact, it's not even mostly bad. And if I'm going to be honest, I can't say it's bad at all or then I'd have to shame myself because Brayden really is just a mini version of me. I mean, where do you think he learned to say, "You hear me?!?!" and "Come here NOW!" :D Thank goodness Tyler is like Daddy.

No comments: