Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Brayden & Tyler

I haven't written much about the boys lately...

Brayden is growing like a weed - he's so tall and skinny, but he eats more than I do. This does not bode well for the future. He's picking up new words every day; yesterday we taught him how to say, "Texas sinks" with his longhorns down. :D


Admit it, you love it. We caught him saying, "Maybe..." yesterday too. It's funny how many things you learn you say too much when your toddler starts talking. A few of our not-so-favorites are, "Stop that now!" and "Do you HEAR me?" but the cute one is, "Um.... how 'bout..." He's so creative with things and has a little too much energy. I think he has a hard time focusing on what we want him to do, but I'm hoping it's just a stage. He's definitely in the terrible twos - tantrums abound in our house. We're trying to work on the difference between "want" and "need." That seems to have finally sunk in. But now we're working on asking for things the right way instead of demanding them. So his sentence goes like this, "Um...may...I...have...some...paci........pweese." (It's not a question, it's a statement - always. And it's always "some" never "a" or "the.") He has really figured out that he can pick and choose what he wants now, too. He lets us know every day that he has an opinion (and a very STRONG one at that). Oh, and when you ask him where he lives, he says, "Camp Fire" (we tried to teach him to say Camp Sooner, but he kind of got confused).

Tyler is a horse of a different color. He's fairly laid back, but is an instigator. Seriously. He will walk into a room all giggles and smiles, saunter up to Brayden and then shove him as hard as he can. All this is fun to him until Brayden retaliates. Of course, Brayden is close to twice Tyler's size... He's such a sweet, cute little guy that I find it hard to take Brayden's side in the fight. I mostly just let them go at it - I want Tyler to learn that he shouldn't dish it out if he can't take it. He's talking more and more every day, too! His favorite thing to do is sit around and tell himself "Gink ewww, elkum." He LOVES the Little Einsteins... He's Rocket's biggest fan. He does the pat, pat, pat, and puts his little arms up and then (sometimes) says "baa-ffff" (blast off!), but always says, "GOOOOOOO!" (when they say, "Here we GO!"). He's so funny when he watches anything on TV - he'll either stand right under the TV and stare up at it...



...or he'll lie flat on his back right under the TV (and stare up at it). It's too funny. He's also been on a major drinking kick. It seems as though he's CONSTANTLY thirsty. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I hear "ooose" from him in one day. We're working on getting him to say please, but Brayden usually says it for him. He's drinking a big sippy of chocolate milk as I type. We've discovered that Tyler is a great soccer player. He actually understands that he can't touch the ball with his hands, and he has great kicking reflexes. It's really cute how he follows through with his kicks and tries to do crossover kicks (like Daddy). He's just so skinking adoreable!!!

I guess that's about all for now... I need to go start fixing lunch for my two little bottomless pits (and their daddy, too). I'll share more later!

1 comment:

Tonya Gray said...

If I had a cool tv like yours, I"d be watching it all day too, I don't blame Ty a bit~!!