Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sort of a Catch Up?

I've talked about it before, but I've got a digital scrapbooking website that I use to do get almost all of my supplies and some other fun (ScrapGirls.com). Well, for about the last two weeks they've been holding me hostage. I'm not really joking, either!! haha! They've been having 'events' over there that involve games, chats, layout contests, and PRIZES!! Now, with things the way they are, any type of prize is a good prize... But the other day when I saw a game (aptly called "Needle in a Haystack") that was offering a $25 gift certificate as the prize, well, I couldn't pass that up. And it was NOT an easy game. They gave us this sheet of thumbnails and then you had to figure out where that thumbnail could be found in the boutique like the second image:



So anyway - this was NOT an easy task, but I couldn't possibly pass up $25 because I really wanted to be able to take advantage of the boutique sale that's going on right now (22.4% off everything!). So I stuck with it for a few too many hours, but I WON!! And on top of all of that, on Saturday, I got the daily newsletter and one of my layouts was in it!! I've been published!!!!! It's been a good week for me!

Here's the layout that was in the newsletter:



It's so much fun when you find a hobby to be involved with. It really helps me stay sane - but it's also nice knowing that I'm doing something productive for the boys. Speaking of hobbies, though - be looking for an upcoming blog on John's newfound obsession. haha

No comments: