Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I meant to...

Over the last week or two things have kept happening, and I say to myself, "I need to get on and blog about this before I forget it." And I really MEANT to... but I haven't done it. And I forgot what all those little things were. Time goes by so quickly and my days seem like just one constant run of naps and "no"s. But then there are some shining moments that I want to hold on to forever. I'm going to do my best to catch up on some of these...

Brayden
Brayden has recently discovered bugs - and has a weird fear of them. He freaks out. Seriously. And it's turned into anything that he doesn't like, it's a "bug." So last week he was staying with Grandma & Pa Pa and had the leftovers from his lunch in a take-home box. Unfortunately, a piece of Grandma's lettuce got in with his fries. So when he opened the box, he freaked out and yelled, "EW! Yucky bug!" Funny kid.

He's started talking in sentences and sings along with any music. Somewhere he learned "Happy Birthday" and will pretend that things are candles just so he can sing the song and blow out the candle. He is still obsessed with Backyardigans and will sing along with almost any of their songs - and sometimes says the words along with the episode. His memory amazes me.

His favorite book is "Go, Dog. Go!" and will not go to bed without it. However, I can start on the "now it is night" page and read to the end and that seems to satisfy him. I do that when we've read 2-3 other books and he STILL wants to finish up with "Go, Dog."

He and Tyler are the ultimate Steve McQueen duo. They've learned how to escape the house if no one's paying attention (like if I'm in the bathroom or on the phone). They will knock down the gate and go out the front door. Luckily, they haven't made it much further than that, but it still scares me to death that they are that brave. And defiant.

Tyler
Tyler has learned to spin around in circles. It's too cute to watch him "dance." He also loves the Backyardigans - just like brother.

He has said quite a few words - which is weird for me because B didn't talk until almost 2! He's said: mama, daddy, pa pa, light, milk, and most recently: da-den (Brayden). I think it's amazing how he tries so hard to talk. He'll mimic a lot of stuff. Although his favorite thing to mimic, though, is sneezing. So cute.

His hair is so red and all curly in the back. Everyone keeps saying we need to cut it because he looks like a girl. And even though I swore I'd never be one of "those" parents, I am. I can't bring myself to chop off his cute hair. I'm so scared his curls will be gone forever if I do.

Well, my battery is about to die on the laptop... typical for me... So I'm going to go. If I think of more later, though, I'll jot it down. Well, I'll MEAN to.

In the meantime, though - here's my latest scrap of the boys:

No comments: