Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blessed

It's been a rough, rough, ROUGH couple of days for me. Soon-to-be-third-trimester horomones are kicking into full swing making me tired, cranky and very emotional. I feel like I'm ready to burst into tears at any given moment. Which is all compounded by having a terror of a three year old and a needy two year old. I've been trying to get Brayden to take a nap with me every day this week which, thus far, has ended up in him being mad at me and me giving up in tears and hysteria. If he won't sleep, I can't sleep because he is seriously unpredictable. He would totally do one or all of the following: escape the house (even if all the doors are blocked and or locked), flood the bathroom, try on ALL the pullups and proceed to pee in them all, get into the pantry and try to make himself a snack consisting of peanut butter and cheetos, start a load of laundry after mixing a special concoction of detergent and fabric softner, rearrange the living room furniture, take all the batteries out of anything and everything and hide them, wake Tyler up prematurely, try to take a bath or shower... These are only the things he HAS done - I have no idea what all he could actually come up with if left to his own means.

All that said... I have been blessed for the past few days now by a "secret pal" on my digital scrapbooking website. Today I got a hallmark card in the mail from her just giving me hugs. After the day I'd had thus far, it was like the clouds parted and I could feel sunshine. It's so nice to have someone out there who's making it their job to spoil me - if only for a couple of weeks. She also sent me a scrapbooking gift the other day - a few kits that I'd had on my wishlist! I was able to use them right away to scrap my kiddos. I really enjoyed having some new "toys" to play with. Here's what I came up with...

No comments: