Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome to Late Night Television

"And if you're new to Oklahoma, welcome to late night television." That was what Gary England said last night around 11:00 pm while we were watching all the big, scary storms work their way (slowly) across Oklahoma. At one point, there was a storm over Fletcher, Pink AND Fayeteville, AR (Gma & Gpa). Craziness that it was a family affair last night. I kept asking John when/if I should pack a small bag so we could head out to the cellar. He kept telling me to shush so he could hear the radio. But we made it through okay - nothing dramatic to report. There WAS torrential rain and a little hail... I don't want to see how wet the ground is NOW - it hasn't dried out over the last MONTH. It's insane. I feel like I'm living in Seattle. Although yesterday, the sun did come out and the boys got to play outside for a few minutes... Until I started getting attacked by mosquitoes. That's where I draw the line. So anyway... we're all safe, sound, and none the worse for the wear. I hope the sun comes out today and dries up some of the muck.

1 comment:

Lisa Laxton said...

lol...being an Okie myself, it is kind of funny to hear people freak out about tornado's and stuff. Not that we don't respect them, we just saw more of them. I remember watching one off a bit in the distance from our front porch once. Hence the name Tornado Alley! Glad you all are all fine and dandy!