Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gilmore Girls & Sleeping Babies

I have a few minutes here because my little guy is sleeping... And I'm watching Gimore Girls reruns on ABC Family, but it's a commercial. It's the episode of Rory's birthday and Lorelai sneaks into her room at night and tells her the story of how she was born. I have to say (especially after going through labor) that this episode has one of my favorite lines of the G.G. series (I say ONE of my favorites because my all time favorite is the one where Logan and his friends break into Rory's college class and do this major dramatic scene in front of the whole class and then later, Rory has Richard go to Logan and put on this whole thing where he's basically saying that he's happy that Logan wants to marry Rory and scares the stink out of him... but I digress...). Lorelai is sitting beside Rory in bed and describes labor as "Something akin to doing the splits over a crate of dynamite." Uh-huh. Sure the heck is. Even WITH an epidural. And this makes me think... I really should steal all the DVDs from Erin (she has all the box sets) and watch them all and do top 10 (or maybe top 25 cause there are so many) lines from the G.G. series.

And I have to say, if you've read all this and have never watched Gilmore Girls and are now sitting there wondering what the big deal is, RUN - don't walk - to your nearest Hastings or Blockbuster (or any other similar store) and rent you some Gimore. You will laugh, you will be amazed, you may even thank me. I swear it's one of the best TV shows on - I even got John addicted to it.

So... yeah... that's all for now.

No comments: