Saturday, May 06, 2006

Our Day in the E.R.

So I woke up this morning to John saying, "I need you to get up." Why? Because he had hurt himself and needed to go to the hospital. He was coming up to the house from down at the dining hall (he was on the scooter) and the wheel slipped in the wet grass and threw him from the bike. He hurt his rotator cuff. So I've been playing servant all day - not that it bothers me at all, though. It's been kind of interesting to see John being "forced" to stay still on the couch all day. That's SO not like him. But he's okay - just in a lot of pain (but the drugs help). He's antsy - tired of watching TV... So I brought him his laptop and he messed around on that for awhile (doing what else but looking at four wheelers and motorcycles....). So that's been my day. Pray for us, because with John hurt, it will be fun trying to make sure that we have everything ready to go for camp in a few weeks (not to mention that we have to fly to Denver Thursday for a friend's wedding and then next week we are going to Branson with my family, and then the NEXT week we have a retreat scheduled, so we really only have 3 half weeks...).

If you happen to live around here and you have some free time, feel free to come help us out!!! We can find SOMETHING for you to do!!

No comments: