Sunday, September 21, 2008

A day of rest... Wait, what's that?

Sundays are always a very "off" day in our house. Why? Because it's the only day of the week that we actually have to be on a schedule in the morning. (Excluding summer camp.) This morning started off ooooooh so wonderfully, too. The alarm goes off, and after grunts and groans issuing from both sides of the bed, I realize I hear Brayden in his room. But his light's not on. Never a good sign. So I jump up, run in there and... yep... the diaper is off and there's poopoo all over the bed (again). What in the WORLD will it take to get this kid to learn that we DO NOT take off diapers?!?! Sigh. So I stripped down the bed, threw the sheets in the wash - with the delay timer set so we could get showers - and then helped Daddy get the boys their breakfast. While we were trying to wrangle the boys into the kitchen, I caught Brayden by the arm and asked him if he knew why he got a spankin' a little while ago. Here's the conversation:

Me: Brayden? Look at me. Hey. I'm trying to talk to you. Look at - okay. Do you know why you got in trouble?
B: In tuble.
Me: Yes, trouble. Why were you in trouble?
B: Hey - look!
Me: No, look at me.
B: Whas that? A car-pit cleaner?
Me: yes, that's the carpet cleaner, but we're talking and I need you to listen to me. You took your diaper off again, and that's a no-no. Especially because it had stinky poo in it.
B: Stinky poo?
Me: Yes. And stinky poo is yucky. Right?
B: (Makes grunting noise) Stinky poo. Right. Go (grunts again), like that?
Me (trying not to laugh): Yes, that's how you go stinky poo, but it's supposed to stay in your diaper. Only Mommy or Daddy get to change your diaper.
B: Hey - whas that?!
Me - gives up and feeds the kid breakfast.

...but we made it to church on time. :D

2 comments:

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Your conversation reminds me of the MANY conversations I have with Amelia on a daily basis. Good luck and wish me luck too.

Kaye said...

Hey! You made it to church on time! Count that as a triumph and know that this phase really WILL pass!!!!