Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My cooking...

So I've never considered myself a GREAT cook or totally health conscious, but dang. I'm feeling very, VERY... um... inferior right now. On my mommy boards one girl just asked about menus for the week. Now, it must be said that most weeks I make a few more 'fancy' meals, but they are NEVER anything like what these people make and I am left wondering what is wrong with me. I know I'm a picky eater, and so I usually cater to my own preferences, but I don't see how you can have these (what I would call) fancy meals every night of the week. Am I that lazy? Or are they really easy meals and I'm just uncultured?? I grew up in a home where my mom fixed homemade meals 7 days a week, but we never had anything that I'd consider gourmet. But it was always FANTASTIC. There have only been a handful of meals that my mom's made in 30 years that I thought were inedible (to me at least, everyone else liked it). And so it brings me around to think - why do I berate myself for feeding my kids the foods that they enjoy eating even if it's not "creamy tomato sauce with orzo, steamed broccoli and chicken sprinkled w/ herbs, cooked in olive oil, green onions, & garlic in skillet" (no offense Lindsay, that's just an example)??

I guess I'm open to some new (EASY) recipes....

Well, I'm off to put some chicken nuggets and fries into the oven. Haha.

4 comments:

Anya said...

does your family like soup? I've got a few super simple recipes for soups that are basically open a few cans of stuff and mix it together in the crock pot. SUPER EASY! let me know and I'll send them your way.

-B- said...

I know just how you feel Lori - At our house "sandwiches" is a perfectly reasonable dinner because we know it'll get eaten!

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

I know how you feel. Not a fancy cook here either. Actually I don't care to cook. Being in the kitchen is something I HAVE to do. I make things that Amelia will eat.....thats how I cook.

Anonymous said...

I be enduring read a only one of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites web stage muster and disposition be checking back soon. Divert contain in view my orientation as approvingly and leave to me know what you think. Thanks.