Monday, September 22, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are


Don't know if you've noticed, but off to the right there, I have a little sidebar thing that has artwork from classic children's books. The one today caught my eye. Brayden and I have been reading "Where the Wild Things Are" every night for almost a month now. He asks for it every time he goes to bed. I love hearing him read along with me (finish the sentences). But probably the funniest thing is on the second page - where Max was making mischief of one kind.... and another. Max is running down the stairs with some sort of fork thing in his hand and he's chasing the dog... Brayden always says, "Gonna git in tuble!" It's so cute that he knows that Max is being bad. So I'll say, "Yeah, he's going to get in tuble." Which he follows up with, "Gonna git a 'pankin!" He's always so adamant that Max needs that spanking for being bad. He won't let me turn the page until I agree that Max needs to be spanked. So anyway... I just thought it was fun to see this picture of the Wild Things. Makes me want to roar my terrible roar, gnash my terrible teeth, rooooooolll my terrible eyes, and show my terrible claws. hehe.

What's your kid's favorite book of the month???

1 comment:

Tonya Gray said...

"Are You My Mother" is our current hit. Levi actually calls it "You're Da Mudder". A nice change from "Love you Forever", his old favorite. Nice story but LOOONNNG and repetitive when you're dying to get the kids to bed so you can relax!!