Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"I need a paci!"

A line I hear much too often in this house... Brayden is now 31.5 months old and he (still) *needs* his paci. He sounds like some sort of adict - "Brayden do you want some milk?" Response: "NO! I NEED to find a paci." Well... we got back from Fletcher on Monday and Tuesday afternoon I couldn't find Brayden's paci. It was nap time, and I was freaking out. He does NOT go to sleep well without it. So I calmly went into his room and told him that it was nap time. He said, "I need a paci." I proceeded to tell him that I couldn't find it. I told him it was gone. He looks at me with pitifully wide eyes and asked if it was far, far away. Yes, I told him. It was gone far away. He looks at me and then cups his little hands around his mouth and yells, "Come back, paci!!" (I about laughed out loud at this, but I didn't want to make fun of his plight.) I told him that I thought the paci was too far away to hear him - it was probably lost for good. He sighed a tremendous sigh and looks at me forlornly - "Far, far away?" he asked again. Yes, my love... it's gone. He sighed again. I asked him if he thought he could take a nap without it. He seemed to think about that for a second and then said, "I need juice." So I got him a cup and that was that. Three hours later I had to go wake him up from his nap - without his paci. This could be the start of a great thing.

3 comments:

Erin Tales said...

Ooh. Good luck with no more paci's! And he reminds me of Ollie the Gosling, the way he talks. LOL. (Check it out, if you don't own the book! Ollie by Olivier Dunrea)

Mike, Eskai, Sarai and Jadon said...

That is stinkin hilarious! I can see it all now. Glad he took the "lost paci" so well and I'll pray he just forgets about it. Miss you guys!

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

I must try this....great idea!

I sure hope the no paci stays for you...Good luck to you!