Friday, April 30, 2004

Jury Duty and a Joke

**John's been pestering me to blog more often... I don't know why... I mean, what kind of husband REALLY wants to know the thoughts of his wife? (wink.) **

I've been summoned for jury duty. This of course spured a whole rage of surfing the internet trying to figure out ways to get out of jury duty. I mean, come on, who wants to sit still in a room for hours every day listening - I mean actually paying attention - to people argue?! Of course I'll watch it on TV - you can get up and go to the bathroom, have you Dr. Pepper, talk outloud when you want, answer your cell phone, fall asleep, change the channel, etc. But real life? Dang, it's gotta be boring. How many quirky lawyers are out there like the amusing ones on Ally McBeal? My guesses are none (since I'm not practicing law). But then I found out that jurors get paid up to $18/day around here. That's a nice supplemental income (small, but enough to go see a movie on or something). This piqued my interest... What does a juror do? Would it be worth it? Maybe I'd get to do some really wacked out case that would take a month, and I'd get out of work PLUS get paid extra to do "nothing." It'd be like a vacation. And I'd get to be opinionated (oh, that's real hard for me)! Wow. Jury duty. Sounds like it might be kinda okay. Guess we'll see... They might not even call me to come in for the whole "voir doir" (jury selection) process. Then I would have stressed out about all of this for nothing. Oh well. That's how I operate.Okay...

Joke of the day...

G. W. Bush and John Kerry somehow ended up at the same barbershop.

As they sat there, each being worked on by a different barber, not a word was spoken. The barbers were even afraid to start a conversation, for fear it would turn to politics. As the barbers finished their shaves, the one who had Kerry in his chair reached for the aftershave. Kerry was quick to stop him saying, "No thanks, my wife Theresa will smell that and think I've been in a whorehouse," The second barber turned to Bush and said, "How about you?"

Bush replied, "Go ahead, my wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like."


AAAAAAHHHHH! Snap.

Later.

No comments: