Monday, April 19, 2004

Yep.

Icky, icky. I guess I'm not as good at this journaling thing as I thought I'd be from my first few days' record. Oh well.

So I was in the shower this morning (ah, the bathroom - where ALL great ideas come to me), and I thought that I should write a book. I don't know about what yet, though. And I doubt it will ever happen. It was just one of those brief moments where I thought of the vast possiblities. (You know, quitting my job and such.) Ha ha. Yep.

I had a pretty crappy day last week. I got all emotional and stuff because of... well, I guess just because. I actually ended up taking half of Thursday off. Sometimes I go into these crying frenzies - John doesn't like it. I can't help it, though... It's like everything in the world is against me and all I can do about it is BAWL. Yeah, BAWL. I'm not talking sniffles and a few "tracks of tears." No way, buddy. Not me. I'm Niagra Falls. I'm talking racking sobs and headaches that last for HOURS when I'm finally done. Fun stuff, huh? Yep.

The weekend was fun, though. John's dad was here, and we all had a blast on Saturday. I got some wedding thank-you's done while the boys were out playing a round of golf. Then they came back and got me and I went with for the "back nine." (Which, ironically, is the same as the front nine, just played a little later. Welcome to the nice big world of the mid-west.) I enjoyed driving the golf cart while the boys drove their golf balls - or attempted to. I got sunburned... John got mad... John's dad got the ball to go more than 100 feet every once and a while. But I got my mexican food for supper, so all is well in the tummy of Lori.

Yep.I'm a bad friend, too. Don't answer my cell phone (ever). And hardly (ever) return calls. It's not that I'm too busy... I'm just too lazy. Yep.

Oh and one more thing... Boogety-Boogety-Boogety: Stupid crew chief... Hurt my Jimmie's chances of winning yesterday. Guess I'll just have to settle for the "good, solid top five finish." All I can say is I'm glad that Tony Stewart wasn't anywhere near there. I feel for John, though... Jeff didn't get that last burst of energy that he needed to pull of his top five finish - have to go with sixth. Not good for him when he was "supposed" to win... Guess that's what pot-holes will do to you. Listen kids - pot kills. Yep.

And that's where I'll leave you for today. Maybe I'll be better about writing this week. Maybe. Yep.

No comments: