Monday, April 12, 2004

Long blog to catch up the last few days...

Okay, so the weekend at home was fun... Relaxing... And I got Alan's Nintendo 64! WAH-HOO!!! I can play my Zelda game now! John has the X-box, but I can't seem to figure out all the buttons... I end up frustrated and annoyed and usually crying. I'm such a girl. Anyway. So I'm all excited and stuff because of this, only to find out we got all the way home and the controlers weren't in the box. *Sigh*

On the way home Friday John & I stopped at a Wal-Mart and picked up a book to read out loud to each other. It's a book by Nicholas Sparks (? - Is that right? The guy who wrote "Message in a Bottle" and Walk to Remember") called "The Guardian." We read it most of the way home and then all the way back. We're already about half way through. It's a really cool bonding experience to read a book together. We're both really getting into it and can't wait to see what happens next! (If you've read it, DON'T TELL ME!!!)

We got a few more wedding presents while we were at home... MORE TOWELS?! Ha ha. Actually, a couple that I know from my old church camp sent us a really cool wind chime! It's really neat. Only...Well, we don't have an outside place to hang it since we live in an apartment building on the second floor (and our "porch" is indoors). So... John said something about hanging it in the kitchen for the time being. We also got EASTER BASKETS!!!! Isn't that fun?! There's nothing like being in your 20's and still getting pampered by your parents. Lots of chocolate. Glad I didn't open it before we went to church - I would have NEVER been able to hold still. Speaking of church, the service was really good! LOTS of people were there which made Dad happy, I think.

And speaking of Dad - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We had presents and cake and stuff yesterday at lunch (and cold fried chicken). Not only did we have birthday cake, but we took my best friend's advice and had our top tier of our wedding cake (since it was our one month anniversary). We wanted to be able to enjoy our cake, so instead of letting it get freezer burned over the next year, we ate it on our one month anniversary. It was REALLY good!! I picked a good cake (way to go, Wal-Mart!).

I'm sure this week is going to fly by. John has a lot of homework, and I still have some thank you notes to get finished. I have no sense of etiquette, obviously. =( Sure do enjoy the gifts, though! Guess I should get back to what I was doing. I'm sure I've blogged your eyes out by now.


No comments: